Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The End

Hmmm. The End. I won't write anything similar to The Doors' mythic song, "The End", but I will gibber-gabber alot about what I learned. If anything, this class has showed me how terrifying it is to be human. The living, breathing, daily reality, the inner and outer struggles. How amazing is life? But how pointless it is at the same time? Why do we die but our stories live on to be eternally repeated? Why? Why? Why? What is the point? That's the thing I need: what is the point of it all. I get the themes. I get the past and future and the present which was actually a few moments ago. But what does it mean? Why is mind so boggled, mystified, absorbed, sitting on top of a large avalanche with no idea what else is beneath the surface?

I suppose that's where I come in... The student who needs to pick up the pieces and discover what the "mysteries" really mean. It's so easy to live in a world without mystery, so easy to just exist, not explore this stuff further. Ignorance is bliss. Now that the mysteries are revealed what am I going to do from them? How am I going to learn from them? And most importantly what does it all mean? I thought long and hard about what I need to do with my acquired info, I'm going to forget it. Yeah, forget the mysteries, so I can relearn them over and over and over. How can one person hold so many truths and not go crazy? He forgets about them... Until he remembers them again. over and over and over. That's what life is. That's the point. Forgetting and relearning over and over. Anamnesis. Remembering what you forgotten.

So that's what I'm going to do: Forget what I learned.

P.S. I love you, Barkley. Seeya in another life, buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment